Mumbai: After a controversy over superstar Salman Khan’s appointment as the goodwill ambassador of the Indian contingent for the Rio Olympics, B-town has backed Sallu by defending the Indian Olympic Association’s (IOA) decision of appointing the star.
Here are the comments and views made by the Bollywood celebrities over the controversy-
1. Kiran Kher: It is a very good decision. I am very proud of Salman Khan. All people who are trying to say that only a sportsman should be appointed as an ambassador, I would like to differ from them.
2. Suraj Barjatya: It’s a matter of great happiness because there is no one more just and appreciative like him. He has always been a sports lover, he plays good cricket, football and is a good cyclist. I know him closely so, I’m very happy for him.
3. Karan Johar : I love Salman Khan. Whatever he does, he is the best for it.
4. Sidharth Malhotra: I don’t know much about the controversy. As far as the Olympics are concerned, people who made the decision might have made the right decision. He is a man who is known for his fitness. The authorities who selected him, I am sure they thought of something.
5. Katrina Kaif: A controversy with Salman, is it a new thing?
6. Sooraj Pancholi: I think that’s a good decision, because he is a very known face. He is doing a film on wrestling ‘Sultan’, so maybe because of that (he was selected).