Do you also suffer from low blood pressure frequently? Suffering from low blood pressure was not common in teenagers earlier but today most of the adults and teenagers suffer from low blood pressure as well as high blood pressure. Low blood pressure is also known as hypo-tension and a sudden drop of blood pressure occurs when someone suddenly rises from a lying down position and this type is known as postural hypo-tension.
The symptoms of low blood pressure includes dizziness, light-headedness, nausea etc and the only measure that can be taken to control low blood pressure is to go for a checkup twice a week. Well, instead of taking the help of medicines there are many natural remedies to cure hypo-tension which in turn would not harm your body.
Here are five natural ways to follow when you have a low blood pressure:-
1. Consume high quantity of salt- Excess salt is bad, but it is required by your body in moderate quantities. In summers or if you exercise daily, keep some lime water with a pinch of salt handy. Salt works like an instant pick-me-up but make sure that you do not consume excess salt as it leads to high blood pressure.
2. Coffee acts as the saviour- Coffee and tea are caffeinated beverages that might act as a saviour in low blood pressure. When your blood pressure dips suddenly, a cup of coffee or tea can get your circulation going.
3. Tulsi leaves- We all know that Tulsi is an herb which has lost of advantageous properties while many of us do not know that it also brings low blood pressure back to normal. Tulsi leaves have high levels of potassium, magnesium and vitamin c which can help in regulating your blood pressure.
4. Munakka: Another remedy from granny’s kitchen. You can soak some munakka overnight and then boil it with milk and have it in the morning. Or you can just add a fistful of soaked munakkas in your breakfast regimen.
5. Drink more fluids: Drink at least 2 to 3 litres of water every day. Besides this, include drinks like coconut water, bael ka sharbat and aam panna in your diet. These will give you the necessary electrolytes required to maintain the fluids in your body. Dehydration is a common cause of low blood pressure.