Indian Cinema has a unique and unmatched identity which has left Indians proud in every corner of the world. The year 2013 is marked as the iconic year as Indian Cinema reached the milestone and entered its 100th year. After completing 100 years of serving successful cinema, the directors and producers came up with big treats and they served different genres of movies to the audience. Films based on biopic or political thriller created fresh scenario among the audience to know about some key historical aspects of our nation.
For Indian directors, entertaining was never a sole purpose of launching a movie. They surely wanted to inform, educate, influence and entertain the audience and wanted the spectators to learn from movies. So, here are 10 recent films that created an impact on the audience and still running positively in their veins.
1) Rustom– Based on the true events, the movie was inspired from the famous KM Nanavati Case of 1959, who was a Naval Officer. The story is how he and his happily married wife got in much-planned trouble. The storyline of the movie was sensitive but the director portrayed it really well. Akshay Kumar bagged National Award for Best Actor because of his incredible performance in the film.
2)Udta-Punjab– The movie started receiving the limelight during promotions, when audience got to know that the exes Shahid Kapoor and Kareena Kapoor Khan are working together again after Jab we Met, however, the CBFC turned the table on its side when they demanded 40 cuts in the film, as the film was based on ongoing drug problem in Punjab. Later, the movie released with 13 cuts and was successful.
3) Aligarh– The movie was based on Dr. Shrinivas Ramchandra Siras, who was suspended from Aligarh Muslim University just because he was homosexual. Manoj Bajpayee delivered a pure judgment to the role of the professor. The movie was appreciated by critics and movie moguls.
4) Pink– The movie emerged out as an iconic courtroom drama in the history of Indian Cinema. The phenomenal performance by Big B along with Taapsee Pannu, couldn’t stop the critics to deliver a thumbs up to the movie.
5) MS Dhoni: The Untold Story- Inspired from our former Indian Cricket Team Captain MS Dhoni, the movie rocked the nation like Maahi always do. The hard work to become MS Dhoni by Sushant Singh Rajput was commendable and was appreciated by audience too.
6) Neerja– Extremely powerful performance by Sonam Kapoor in the film made the movie brilliant and critically acclaimed. The movie was inspired by a real-life incident. Air-Hostess Neerja Bhanot, who was killed by terrorists while saving the lives of 359 passengers for which she bagged many awards from America, Pakistan, and India itself.
7) Dear Zindagi– Remarkable performance delivered by Alia Bhatt alongside Shah Rukh Khan put the level of the flick on top of all and as a result, the movie received an appreciation from all around.
8) Raees– “A King is always a “Raees”, that’s what Shah Rukh Khan was in the movie too. The combination of his magnetic dialogue delivery and incredible acting talent, pushed the movie to reach the success spot.
9) Ae Dil Hai Mushkil– Helmed by renowned director Karan Johar, the movie was a huge hit delivered by Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma and magnificent Aishwarya Rai.
10) Airlift– Based on the evacuation of Indians in Kuwait, the movie received a powerful response from everywhere because of Akshay’s brilliant performance.